Brady reached the 10 month mark on the 26th. This boy is at SUCH a fun age. He is all smiles (almost) all the time. He's just happy to be around others. I definitely feel lucky to get to hang out with him every day. Here are some notable things about Brady at 10 months:
- He's weighing in at 17 pounds, 8 ounces. Almost 1 pound gain in 1 month. I think that's better than he has been doing in the past!!
- Last month I mentioned that he had his first ear infection. After 2 different antibiotics, I took him in yesterday and he still had a bit of an infection, but not enough to warrant more meds, which is good because I was uncomfortable at giving him MORE. The doctor thinks the fluid in his ear might be due to teething, so hopefully it'll clear up as soon as he finally cuts some teeth. His ears only seem to bother him at night, so we've propped the head of his bed up a few inches to help his ears drain, and no more nursing with the boppy or lying down. I read that if he nurses with his head higher than his body, it keeps fluids from getting trapped in the ears, so we're giving that a shot.
- And on that note, he's still nursing. I WAS going to go to 6 months. Then at 6 months I decided to go to 12 months (so as to avoid bottles of formula and skip straight to sippy cups of milk), but now that I'm nearing 12 months, I think I might continue to nurse him at night and in the morning and just cut back on feedings throughout the day. He's loving real food so much so I don't think he'll miss it.
- I finally see signs of incoming teeth. His gums are swollen on the front/bottom spots and I can see the ridges of teeth. They haven't cut through yet, and you can only see them in the right light when he'll actually let you look in his mouth, but they're there.
- He is crawling ALL OVER THE PLACE. If we leave the room, he'll come to find us. His knees are constantly red, but he doesn't seem to mind it. He loves his new-found mobility!
- He's making a new face where scrunches up his nose and squints his eyes and then breathes really fast through his nose. It's pretty silly.
- He's napping pretty well (if we're home), and he continues to go to bed easily, but I'm still waking up with him about 3 times a night (once for a feeding). A few nights into his antibiotic (both times) he slept all night and just woke up once to eat, but that only lasted for a few nights and then he was back to waking up 3 times. So I feel like the medicine was working and his ear wasn't bothering him/waking him, and then it stopped working. I don't know if that's possible, but that's how it seems to me.
Anyway, that's my guy at 10 months. I can't believe in 2 short months he'll be 1 year old. This year went SO fast.
|Pulling himself up on anything and everything -- and sporting a bruise from meeting the corner of the coffee table - cheek first :(|
|He LOVES hanging upside down. And he loves playing with Dad.|
|Walking to the park|
|Got his first pair of tennis shoes for Christmas. I cried when I put them on him because they made him look like a BOY instead of a baby.|