Friday, September 28, 2012

Recent Pinterest projects

Remember when I said that I wanted to start trying more of the projects that I pin on Pinterest? I might not be up to 2 a week, like I had hoped, but I have been trying some of the ideas I've found. Here are some of the ones I've done recently. Click the picture for a link to each original post. 

---

Clear up cloudy headlights - This worked like a charm, all you need is a little toothpaste and a lot of elbow grease. 


Sour Cream Enchiladas - Made them tonight. They are pretty good if you like white, cream based enchiladas. I prefer regular enchiladas with enchilada sauce, but this was a tasty change. Next time I make these I'll drizzle a little enchilada sauce on top for a kick. 


Clean glass cooktop - This works pretty well. It doesn't get EVERY mark off, but it really does clean off most of the hard to remove junk on the cooktops. Ryan's mom even tried it and was surprised at how well it removed some of those cooked on stains. 


Peanut Butter/Banana/Spinach smoothie - This is really good. I make it several times a week to make sure Brady and I are getting some greens. I think I even got Courtney and Josh to start making them. Courtney said she was shocked at the taste :)


Felt bat garland - Super easy to make if you have the patience to cut out all those bats. I just did it while watching tv. I have them draped across the front window and it's pretty cute. 


Clean up Mac - So I didn't really notice my computer going any faster, but I wasn't having a huge issue with it being slow, I just thought I'd give this a try. It's a good trick to have on hand, especially since I'm new to Macs.


Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower pasta - I messed this up by SCORCHING the head of garlic, so I couldn't make the sauce...we ended up going out to eat that night. :( So I haven't actually made this start to finish yet, but I WILL. It sounds SOOO good to me. I did roast the cauliflower as directed and Ryan said it was the BEST cauliflower he's ever had.

Lemon Salt Scrub - I altered the recipe a bit and used sugar and coconut oil instead of salt and olive oil, but I still LOVE it. I love a good exfoliant anyway...my all-time favorite massage was at Burke Williams because they ended the massage with a salt exfoliant on my back. This feels SO good as you scrub it on and after you rinse, it leaves just enough coconut oil on the skin to keep you moisturized throughout the day. I moisturize with coconut oil after the shower anyway, so this just saves me a step, it's like a scrub/moisturizer in one. I think the one batch I made will last about a week. I expect I'll be making this weekly to combat dry winter skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment