14 pounds & 25 inches long
My baby is 6 months old now! I can't even believe it. He is such a big boy and I'm reminded every day as I watch him learn something new or just take notice of how long he is, which isn't really that long, but he's just not a tiny baby anymore. Anyway at 6 months old he is BUSY and requires a lot of attention. He is definitely not one to entertain himself for long and doesn't sit still much either.
After taking a little break, we've started back up on solid foods and he LOVES to eat. He eats solids about twice a day and still nurses on his regular schedule too. Hopefully he will fatten up a little more soon. He's still only in the 5th percentile for weight so the doctor suggested more food more frequently.
To date, he eats:
Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Squash, Watermelon, Avocado, oatmeal, peas (but doesn’t like them), apples, pears, peaches, banana, rice cracker thingies that he can feed himself and dissolve in his mouth, and today we even tried yogurt bites.
Other things he does:
- He jumps like crazy in the jumperoo
- He rolls all over the room and is now comfortable laying on his tummy for a bit. He even rolls onto his tummy in bed and sleeps that way.
- He is almost sitting up...he's just working on getting the balance to stay up for more than a few seconds.
- He slept for a full night without waking up to eat the other night!! It might be a fluke, and sure he was up for good at 6:30 that morning, which was rough, but he slept 10 hours straight!!
- He smiles at EVERYONE and has the biggest most beautiful grin. He makes complete strangers smile and laugh as they pass by him.
- He has a lot of hair growing in now, he has a very fuzzy head.
- He still loves to be outside and it soothes him when he is upset.
- He is trying to figure out how to scoot. When on his tummy, he reaches for things that are out of reach and kicks his legs like he’s trying SO hard to get to the item, but he hasn’t quite figured it out.
- He can now grab the pacifier and put it into his mouth the right way. It's so cute to watch because it takes some focus, but he'll get it.
- He LOVES Walle and reaches for him whenever he is near. He will put his hands right in the dogs mouth and doesn't mind Walle’s “in your face” curiosity. The only problem is that he’s slightly allergic to him. If he gets licked, his skin gets all red…if he rolls on the carpet where Walle has been, he gets red too. But it doesn’t seem to bother him. Ryan has the same reaction to Walle too.
- He babbles a lot. Right now he’s saying “nananananan” all the time, but occasionally we hear other sounds too. It’s SO cute.
So that's my boy at 6 months old. He can drive me crazy and melt my heart all in a matter of 10 seconds. I sure do love watching him grow and he's so much more fun these days, but it's also a little sad to see that he's not a tiny baby anymore.