Monday, October 17, 2011

What's up with us...

I figured I should give a general update about our lives and what's going on.

Ryan has been travelling for work every week. Like mentioned before, he can travel anywhere in the US and Canada and so far he's been to Phoenix (twice), Las Vegas, New Jersey, and last week, he was lucky enough to be assigned to Pasadena...so instead of being in a hotel all week, he got to come home each night. We loved that! This week he is in Tampa, FL and next week he goes to Long Island, NY. So he really is working coast to coast. By the time training is over (in about 2.5 months I think), I'm sure he'll be sick of all of the travelling (when you're 6'9, plane rides are never fun or comfortable), and ready to work from home. We still don't know where we will be moving. He should get his territory assignment near the end of training, so I'm hoping we'll know before Christmas. I'm very anxious to find out so I can start planning!

Aside from the constant travelling, Ryan really seems to be enjoying the job. We're very grateful for the new career opportunity and we're excited to see where it takes us in life. AND we are especially grateful to our friend Tyler Owens who suggested Ryan submit his resume for this job. It really IS who you know.

In other "Ryan" news: Guess who is done with school in a week. I mean REALLY done. He's finishing his last week of classes now and will graduate in November. It's been a long road but he has worked so hard to finish (while working full time). It's great to see all of that hard work pay off. We are SO proud of him!

---

There's not a whole lot going on with me. I'm just busy hanging out with the cutest kid in the world every day. I try to break up the monotony of our days by scattering a few errands throughout the week (Target, Dry Cleaning, Babies R Us, etc.) and we try to go down to Orange County every few weeks to see friends. I have a hard time staying at home all day for more than 1 day in a row, so I try to get out every other day. Brady doesn't seem to mind. He's generally pretty good about getting in the car and being carted around. He especially loves if I carry him in the Bjorn (which is getting harder as he gets heavier).

So that's what's going on with us right now. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Congrats to Ryan! I'm excited to celebrate his graduation in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete