Sunday, September 9, 2012

The time Brady locked me out of the house...

So, today was interesting.

I took Walle outside to let him go potty and I shut the door behind me. Brady ran to the door crying because he wanted to come out too, but I just wanted to finish up and get back inside, so I didn't let him out. He kept reaching up for the door handle trying to open it, but he couldn't get it. When I went to go back inside though, I realized that as he attempted to open the door, he actually LOCKED it. And wouldn't you know it, Ryan was gone, all of the other doors were locked, I had no shoes on, and my phone was in the house :(

Luckily I knew Ryan would be home soon because he was just at the grocery store getting stuff for dinner, but while I waited I sat watching Brady through the glass door. I watched him pull a Slimfast out of the trash and try to drink it with a straw he found in the trash too, gross. I also watched him pull out the kitchen chair and try to climb up on the table. I could just imagine him falling and getting hurt while I stood outside, helpless. I was worried, but I also couldn't stop laughing at the whole situation. How does a 1.5 year old lock his mom outside?!

Anyway, after about 10-15 minutes, Ryan got home and let me in and we all had a good laugh about it.  Now I guess I need to find a hiding spot outside for a spare key :/

No comments:

Post a Comment