Wednesday, March 12, 2014

He glooped

Last night Brady woke up crying at midnight. This is unusual so I ran in to check on him and he told me "I glooped". I didn't know what he was talking about so I put him back on his bed and he fell right asleep. A few hours later he was up crying again. "I glooped, I glooped".

I went and got a lamp (we don't keep a light in his room because he'll just turn it on and play at night) and could see that he had thrown up a tiny bit. Poor kid didn't know the word for throw up, so he just made one up. He was also burning up. He requested some water and then he laid down on the floor while I switched the sheets. When I was done, he had fallen asleep so I just left him there.

An hour later he was up crying again. I asked if he wanted to get in his bed and he said yes in the most irritated little voice, I laughed and I laid a towel down under his head to prevent more dirty sheets. He started to point at the wall and told me there were circles there...so I guess my boy hallucinates when he has a fever. I think Ryan did that as a kid too. I sat there with him for a while and just as I was about to go back to bed we had to run to the bathroom...thank GOODNESS for that towel!

He woke up crying one more time at about 4am but then slept until 8:30.

Now he's watching Curious George while sitting on a towel with cup of water and a big bowl right next to him. It's going to be a quiet day around here...and with Brady, we don't have quiet very often ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment