Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween

This year Brady was really old enough to know what was going on. He had been obsessed with pumpkins and the idea of trick-or-treating for weeks leading up to Halloween. He heard the song "This is Halloween" from The Nightmare Before Christmas and it has been his song for weeks. Nearly a week later, he still sings it daily. 

Last year my mom bought him the CUTEST lion costume at Costco and I LOVED it. He also dressed up as a puppy for a Trick-or-treating event at the Omaha zoo. 
 



This year I wanted to do something simple and inexpensive, but also something that he would connect with and get excited about. Since Brady is OBSESSED with baseball and he already had an Angel's baseball shirt, hat, ball, and bat, I decided to have him be a baseball player. All I had to do was find white pants and some baseball socks. I couldn't find either in his size, but I found some white boys basketball shorts (about 5 sizes too big) in the clearance section at Old Navy. They were $4, so I grabbed them and decided to take in the sides until they looked kind of like baseball pants. I'm no seamstress, so they were definitely a little bit wonky, but they worked well enough for the night. I also grabbed some long white socks and painted red stripes on them to complete the look. I'm pretty pleased with how it all turned out!

He LOVED dressing up as a baseball player and was ecstatic when I took him to the baseball field to take some pictures. He loved standing on home plate and trying to hit the ball, he ran the bases several times, and he kept asking me if he could slide. Doesn't he just make the CUTEST baseball player?!






That night, Ryan had his monthly end of the month meeting at work and couldn't be home for trick-or-treating. I was pretty bummed because I didn't want to take Brady out by myself, so instead we went to grandma and grandpa's in Newport Beach and did some trick-or-treating with them in the area. We went up a few streets and Brady was so good about saying "Trick-or-treat", "Happy Halloween", and "thank you". He was so polite and loved collecting candy! Every time someone would open the door, he would walk into their house, put down his pumpkin, and grab 2 handfuls of candy. Everyone got a kick out of him.

All in all, I'd say it was a pretty great Halloween. The only thing that would have made it better is if Ryan could have been home to enjoy it with us...maybe next year...



1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! You did an amazing job on the pants, I never would of know, I really thought it was a set.
    Great job Missy!

    ReplyDelete